At Everest we believe it is important for students to think about their life and career post year 11. We have a careers advisor who meets with students on an individual basis and provides them with a bespoke careers package so students understand exactly what they need to do to reach their goals. We also have excellent links with the Southern Universities Network who offer courses and workshops to guide pupils to make the appropriate choices for their future.
To continue the development of provision for careers we have:
- Initiated a programme of impartial careers advice and guidance.
- Visited a wide range of local colleges
- Invited representatives from employers as well as from further and higher education institutions to talk to our students.
- Ensured that students have access to apprenticeship talks and employer visits.
- Embedded careers into the pastoral programme.
The next steps
- To provide students with regular and meaningful encounters with employers and employees.
- Develop students interview skills so they are fully equipped to seek employment
We measure the impact of our careers guidance annually looking specifically at the progression pathways of students from KS4 to further education and employment. All evaluation is completed with the support of the Gatsby ‘Good Career Guidance’ programme. The next review of our careers programme will commence at the start of the 2019-20 academic year. For more information regarding Gatsby please visit: http://www.goodcareerguidance.org.uk/
For more information about careers and how to access information please contact our careers lead Chris Wood: email@example.com , 01256 465547