The canteen at Everest Community Academy is committed to providing nutritious school meals. We take a holistic approach to health and wellbeing, making lunch time tasty, enjoyable and great value for money.
School meals are provided on a cafeteria basis and students are encouraged to sit in the dining hall during lunch time and especially during inclement weather. There are a number of picnic benches for students to use if the weather is fine and we encourage students to go outside for some fresh air before returning to the classroom.
The menu is on a three-week cycle and a sample of that menu you can find below:
Parents/carers on one or more of the benefits listed below are entitled to claim free school meals by visiting the Hampshire County Council website at:
- Income Support
- Income based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit, and have an annual gross income, of no more than £16,190 as assessed by His Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (Parents who are made redundant or start working less than 16 hours per week, may find their children are entitled to free meals for a limited period.)
- Working Tax Credit run on paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)