Committed to excellence - Making our best better
Everest Community Academy’s ethos is encompassed in the following mission and vision statements to which all members of the school community have contributed. We aim to inspire our students and raise standards by promoting a school ethos which is underpinned by five core values that support the development of our students as reflective learners.
Vision - To inspire all students to be…
- Confident - Have self-belief, communicate clearly in any situation
- Considerate - Respect others' views and values
- Determined - Work hard to achieve the highest possible standards in all aspects of school life
- Enthusiastic - Willing to learn from mistakes and maintain a positive outlook
- Independent - Take responsibility for themselves and their learning
… in order to take on the challenges of an ever competitive and changing world.
Everest Community Academy is a committed promoter of British values and we actively seek to deliver a holistic approach to ensure the development of our students as local, European and International citizens. As such, we aim to instil the fundamental British values of democracy, mutual respect and a genuine understanding of the perspectives and experiences of others. In every classroom and in social time, you will see students reflecting those values.
Spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of our students underpins everything we do. We have a strong, taught curriculum coupled with a highly effective PSHE and citizenship programme.
The rules of Law, individual liberty and the importance of making a positive contribution are reinforced and celebrated throughout our teaching. We value the diverse ethnic backgrounds of all students and their families and undertake a variety of events and lessons to celebrate these. Our student council is, by its very nature, multicultural, bringing to the table the views of all our students.
At Everest Community Academy there are also regular opportunities for the development of values including:
- Weekly themed year group assemblies which uphold our five core values;
- Regular guest speakers from the community;
- Weekly PSHE and citizenship sessions with Form Group tutors.