Please note this information has come from the government website and not directly from the school.
You should book a PCR test if your child has any of the following symptoms:
· A high temperature: This means they feel hot to touch on their chest or back
· A new continuous cough: This means coughing a lot more in an hour or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours
· A loss/change in their sense of taste and/or smell: This means they have noticed they cannot smell or taste anything
If a student has symptoms for COVID-19:
· Book a PCR Covid-19 test, any members of the household who are under the age of 18 or have had both vaccinations over 14 days ago, do not need to isolate, but are advised to have a PCR test as soon as possible.
· If your child tests positive for COVID-19 they must not attend school and should self-isolate for 10 days (starting from the day you receive a positive result notification) and inform the school immediately.
If somebody at home tests positive for COVID-19:
· The student is advised take a PCR test but may continue to attend school whilst awaiting results, unless they begin to show symptoms. If the PCR result is positive, please see the above information. If the test result is negative, the student may return to school.
Students who are absent due to COVID 19 will be directed to complete online learning provided by the school.
Further information on COVID 19, testing and self isolation can be found on the NHS website.